LESSONS FROM ENZO






LESSONS FROM ENZO

25 February 2021


 This morning  I was walking with Enzo, as is usual I was offering him a treat everytime I called him and he come back to me, but on one occasion he got very exited and nipped one of my fingers with his teeth, it hurt and I scream "careful" taking my hand away...we kept walking and I was thinking how a great teacher is my dog:-), Three things went through my mind:

1. He was very excited and nipped my finger, but he never had the intention to hurt me in any way. How many times in our lives do we think people have hurt us because we feel the pain, but in reality they never want to cause any pain? How many times they just been themselves and we judged them as selfish? 

2. My first reaction was screaming  "careful" with pain and anger, but quiet immediately I saw his innocence and it was nothing to forgive... Why in life when something happens can we not see the innocence in the other person? Why most of the time do we jump to think it was with intention?

3. He kept walking next to me, moving his tail, hoping  for another treat and enjoy my company and the walk. Why we, humans been, stay in the past, analysing what happened, why it happened, how to change it, etc? Why do we believe that if we let it go we are losing something?

Three beautiful lessons my sweet companion gave to me and I would like to share them with you:

1. Some times we can be hurt but it does not mean the other person had the intention to do it.

2. In any situation we can always choose to see the innocence in the other person.

3. Let it go is the secret for peace and happiness. Let it go is the only way to be in the present moment


Well, God speak to us constantly and what a better way than through a beautiful dog... look around, hear and listen to the messages of the Universe, they are always full of love.




Comments